|
Whoever you are, I fear you are walking the walks of dreams,
不管你是谁,我惟恐你在幻想的小路上辗转,
I fear these supposed realities are to melt from under your feet and hands;
我惟恐这些虚拟的现实将从你的脚下和手下消散,
Even now, your features, joys, speech, house, trade, manners,
troubles, follies, costume, crimes, dissipate away from you,
即时现在,你的容貌/欢乐/言谈/住房/生意/生活方式/挫折/愚蠢/服饰/罪过都会从你身上消失,
Your true Soul and Body appear before me,
你的真实的灵魂和身体出现在我眼前,
They stand forth out of affairs--out of commerce, shops, law,
science, work, forms, clothes, the house, medicine, print,
buying, selling, eating, drinking, suffering, dying.
他们将摆脱事务,摆脱商务/店铺/工作/农活/衣着/住房/买卖/饮食/痛苦和死亡,站到我面前。
Whoever you are, now I place my hand upon you, that you be my poem;
不管你是谁,我抓住你,写入我的诗句,
I whisper with my lips close to your ear,
我在你耳边低语,
I have loved many women and men, but I love none better than you.
我爱过好多男人和女人,但每一个超过我和你。
O I have been dilatory and dumb;
我一直迟疑而沉默无语,
I should have made my way straight to you long ago;
我早就应该直接找到你,
I should have blabb'd nothing but you, I should have chanted nothing but you.
我不该乱谈别的,只该谈你;
我不该歌颂别的,只歌颂你。
I will leave all, and come and make the hymns of you;
我将摆脱一切,来赞美你,
None have understood you, but I understand you;
没人了解你,惟我了解你,
None have done justice to you---you have not done justice to yourself;
没人公平地对待你,你对待自己也不公平,
None but have found you imperfect---I only find no imperfection in you;
没人不挑你的瑕疵,惟我不挑你的瑕疵,
None but would subordinate you---I only am he who will never consent to subordinate you;
没人不想使你屈从自己,惟我不使你屈从自己,
I only am he who places over you no master, owner, better, God,
beyond what waits intrinsically in yourself.
惟我没有在你上头,不在你固有的内在人格之外,安置上司,主人 优于你者和上帝。
Painters have painted their swarming groups, and the centre figure of all;
From the head of the centre figure spreading a nimbus of gold-color'd light;
But I paint myriads of heads, but paint no head without its nimbus of gold-color'd light;
From my hand, from the brain of every man and woman it streams,
effulgently flowing forever. |
|